Soups are one of the easiest and most soul-satisfying things to make and savor. But they don’t have to be winter-meals only. Summer soups made from fresh ingredients are wonderful when the weather’s too hot to prepare large meals. Avocado;s add essential saturated fat, which is anti-inflammatory and keeps your metabolism fired up.
- Cut the chicken, the chili pepper, green onions, and ball paprika into small pieces.
- Chop the garlic and coriander
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil or chicken fat over medium heat in a large pot. Add cumin, and when the smell of cumin begins to emit, add ball paprika, chili peppers, and green onions.
- Mix well and sauté for 2 minutes until tender. Add chicken thighs, mix well with the vegetables and spices and sauté for about 3 min. Adding garlic during the last 30 seconds of sautéing.
- Add chicken broth (and additional water if needed), and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium, and allow to simmer. Stirring occasionally, until the chicken has cooked through for 10-15 minutes.
- When the soup is ready to turn out the heat, stir in coriander, and wait for 1-2 min before serving. Add the avocados to the soup just before serving.
- I would recommend adding the avocados to each bowl individually. About 1/2 an avocado per serving. Sprinkle with lime juice, and add 1/4 lime and serve.