Few of us know that proteins cannot be properly synthesized without fats and vitamins. These substances form a friendly allied army in the complicated biochemical processes taking place inside our body. So, they can’t be overlooked in any sensible, healthy diet. If these substances have been relegated to the margins of your diet up until now, it’s time for a change, since they form an inseparable combination with protein in nature. Eggs, fish, meat, and milk are proof of this. A high-protein diet without fat leads to serious health problems and vitamin A and D deficiencies, we need vitamin A to assimilate protein!
EAT ADEQUATE AMOUNTS OF ANIMAL FOODS
• Organic Organ meats – liver, pate, liverwurst, scrapple, etc.
• Organic Red meat – always with the fat/ grass-fed
• Organic Poultry – always with the skin
• Organic Pork – properly prepared by curing or marinating
• Organic Milk products – preferably unpasteurized and always full fat
• Organic Eggs, always with the yolks
• Seafood, including shellfish and fish eggs
• Hight quality bone broth
AVOID THE WRONG PROTEIN FOODS
• Lean meat
• Skinless chicken breasts
• Reduced fat milk
• Egg whites without the yolks
• Protein powders (soy, whey, hemp, pea, etc.)
Eat to nourish, move with joy.
Barbara ‘Babs’ Rubin – author: Diet a prescribed way of life. Art of Nutrition.
Get Your Fats Right
Healthy fats are those that are rich in nutrients and have fed numerous generations over thousands of years. All of them should come from small, noncommercial, certified organic farms.
Collagen – the key nutrient in Bone Broth
Collagen is the ‘secret’ ingredient that makes bone broth so good for you. But, it’s not really a secret at all. It’s always been there, forming that desired gelatinous layer of homemade soups. It’s just been removed from the modern soup equation as people stopped making broths from scratch and instead used bullion or packaged pre-made broths.
DIET: A PRESCRIBED WAY OF LIFE
Reflections on the Art of Nutrition