PACKED WITH TASTY HALIBUT, PRAWNS and OCTOPUS RINGS
Aromatic and richly nourishing, once you try this fish soup recipe, you’ll want to make it one of your go-to meals. It’s a delicious soup, savoury soup, easy to make, that’s good for your heart, body and mind.
DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 red bell paprika, without seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 leek
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , plus extra for drizzling
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 400 g chopped plum tomatoes or passata
- 1 small butternut squash , peeled
- 500 ml (or more if you want more diluted) BABS fish bone broth ( or organic fish bone broth)
- 500 g halibut fillet or another white fish , from sustainable sources
- 12 raw peeled prawns or langoustine tails , from sustainable sources
- 100 g octopus rings or another sea fruits ( clams, mussels)
- ½ lemon
- 1 large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- Chop the butternut squash, leek, bell paprika, carrots, onion and garlic. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, leek, red paprika, garlic and stew gently until soft. Add the wine, tomatoes or passata, squash, carrots, stock and bring to boil. Cover and simmer gently for 20 -30 minutes. Season and gently break up the tomatoes.
- Transfer all ingredients to the blender or food processor pulse shortly the ingredients for a chunky consistency. Pour it back into the cooking pot
- Roughly chop the halibut and add to the pan. Add the octopus rings, prawns or langoustine tails, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked.
- Taste the soup and season it again with salt and pepper, squeeze lemon juice, if necessary.
- When serving, sprinkle with chopped parsley on top.
All of the fish we use are WILD and MSC certified. We work with artisan fishermen from the Good Fisherman association in The Netherlands. These fishermen are committed to following sustainable practices that respect the waters and help to maintain fish populations. They care about how the fish was caught, where it was caught and when. This thoughtful, respectful approach makes a huge difference in the flavor, which is why our fish bone broth is so delicious.
Soups are one of the easiest and most soul-satisfying things to make and savor. But they don't have to be winter-only meals. Summer soups made from fresh ingredients are wonderful when the weather is too hot to prepare large meals. Avocados add essential saturated...
Smoothie with bone broth protein is a great sugar balancer that can satisfy your hunger, and keep you feeling light and energized.
To get your bone broth ready to drink, warm at a low to medium temperature. When it’s warm, you can sip, mix, blend, and savor in its liquid form.